Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Scrap-tastic!

It's almost my weekend! 

I still haven't gotten to make cards this week but I do anticipate that will change by tomorrow night! 

And while we're on the topic of cards, I thought I would share another one I made on Sunday (3/29/15). 

So, you see, when I make my cards I usually have a few small pieces of the 12x12 paper left over. I file them into 3 separate drawers (warm color scraps, cool color scraps and neutral color scraps) and tend to forget about them. I also use the collection of punches that my mother-in-law kindly shares with me. Some are square, others are hearts, and then there are the circles. So one day, I punched out countless circles from my patterned scrap papers. And I put them on a card. What I had created had easily become one of my favorite cards, and it became a customer favorite too; it sells quickly!

So here it is! Not the first of its kind, but one of the many unique ones that have come after it!

As you can see, it takes many circles, no two the same, to make this card unique! It does take quite a bit of adhesive, so I usually switch to Elmer's glue for this task. I also use a thin scrap strip to create a nice border at the top, and it is all finished off with a bow in jute or some other thin ribbon!

This card works for so many occasions, but this time around I didn't add any sentiments because it was headed for my "plain" card box! 


Here is yet another card that puts those scrap circles to good use! I made this one on 3/18/15. White on White (well...off white on white) with an embossed Birthday sentiment and a jute ribbon! (I might have an unhealthy obsession with that stuff)


So if you have a large collection of scraps, and I suspect you just might, give these cards a try next time! 

That's all for now!
C.Jackson

3 comments:

  1. Look at you! Great way to use up scraps! I should hang around you more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bring my punch one day and punch out your scraps for you! 😉

      Delete