Sunday, April 19, 2015

Birthday Cards for Boys!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

As much time as I spent sleeping this weekend, I still feel completely exhausted. 

Yesterday didn't exactly go as planned either. First thing I dealt with was a snake. I startled it, and when I realized what it was he'd found his way onto the porch, just in time for my husband to come out to see all the ruckus. The snake started to strike at me, even though I was far enough away. He found his way back under the house. And then, a little later a baby squirrel fell out of our largest oak tree. 

Not even old enough to have his eyes open. 

We took care of him for a while until someone we knew came to pick him up and give him a home. And then there was that nasty storm that blew in later in the afternoon. 



So the actual card making didn't take place until today. 

I finally moved on to a new box, my second "Birthday" box. And I had a plan for today too. I don't have very many masculine or boy cards so that's the route I went. 

Dinosaurs! I chose to distress the edges of this card (you can see the rough edges on the base backing paper) and added some fun ribbon and a metal paper clip in the shape of a swirl. 


Thankfully the paper did all the talking for this one. I was lucky enough to have a rocket ship stamp too. I added the sentiment and spiced it up with some brads for the rocket's windows! It was finished off with some orange ribbon. 


But this one was my favorite of the 'boy based' creations. 


For some reason I was drawn to the waves in this paper. And then I remembered I had a wave border punch. I used two different colors, added some Hemp, and popped the sentiment with foam squares. But once again, the paper really made this card. 

In total, I made 30 cards today, which is pretty good! 

School is almost out. I have classes Monday-Thursday and my last student teaching for the semester on Friday. Next week I have class Monday- Wednesday and then my final exams start that Friday. 

That's all for now,
C.Jackson


2 comments:

  1. these are great boy cards! The last is so cute! Poor little baby squirrel! Glad you were able to help him! It was a nasty storm. We managed to not get any wind or hail which I'm glad! More storms this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, boy cards are so hard to make but they sure turn out cute once you get the hang of it.

      The squirrel has her eyes open now, and is growing big and strong.

      Delete