Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's Friday!

Another week in the books!

Well, it will be once tomorrow is over. I've got student teaching obligations again tomorrow and I'm actually teaching a lesson! I'm a little nervous but mainly VERY EXCITED to be teaching a room full of kiddos again. 

In the mean time I've been messing around in the "Scrap Haven". I remeasured and recut my parts for the Triple Time Stamp I had worked on earlier this week. 

The first attempt!


The final product!

I was really pleased that I went back and made my spaces larger. This card just takes my breath away. 



Check out this Barnwood inspired piece, complete with Rooster, brad, Hemp and foam squares to pop the sentiment! 




But I must say, I dabbled with another inspiration from Pinterest tonight. 

I've recently discovered the joys of Washi Tape. I knew I just HAD to try this one. 

Here is the finished product! I had bought this tape earlier this week specifically for this card. I found a scrap that was similar in color and used it to punch out the heart. I popped the heart with foam squares, added a rhinestone inside, and finished it off with the most perfect "heart" thank you sentient. 

I broke my own rules tonight and only made 5 of these because I wasn't sure I had another scrap of the same paper for the heart. I absolutely LOVE these!

I can't wait to get scrappin' this weekend!

That's all for now!
C.Jackson



2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful cards! Great job! I could learn from you about using washi tape. I definitely have plenty of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie, I have more tape that I plan on using for some Birthday cards here when I start my next box up. I can't wait to show you what I do with it!

      Delete