Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Midweek Inspiration!

Is it summer yet?

Hope everyone has had a great start to the week so far! I'm still a little slow to get into the week because of how busy and emotionally draining my weekend was. 

I managed to persuade my husband to take me to town today so I could get more cards. They were on sale and I needed to stock up on them! That usually is good motivation for me to get out and scrap in the "Scrap Haven". I had been hoarding photos on my phone of cards I'd encountered on Pinterest that I wanted to try. 

Here is my first inspiration:
I found this one on Pinterest. It's so simple, and I knew I could pull it off!

Here's my finished piece:
I borrowed one of the punches my mother-in-law had (I remember being at the store when she bought this). I had this chevron/zigzag paper that I wanted to use but I felt like the pattern was a bit overwhelming to look at. It really worked well on this card. I finished it all off with some sheer ribbon and a large rhinestone. 


My dear friend Valerie posts on her blog frequently and I stumbled across a new post that featured this card:
The pattern comes from Operation Write Home, it's called Triple Time Stamping. You can find it here. The cards I work with are a little smaller than the ones Valerie makes, so I knew I was in for a challenge. I also knew that the cost of paper used would go up on this card, yet another reason why me charging $1.25 per card just won't cut it! But I really couldn't resist!


Here is my finished product:
I borrowed another of my mother-in-law's stamps and went to work. It took me some time to figure out the measurements (the first two layers were easy, I use those measurements frequently). I liked it when it was done, but it didn't leave much room for a sentiment. Once I got it on the card I opted for some sheer large black ribbon, and suddenly I loved it! 

The 'Thank You' sentiment on the inside.

I really enjoyed making these cards and I can't wait for the weekend so I can make more. I really need to get my head in the game though. I only have two weeks of school left, but mentally I think I'm already on summer break!

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. these are fabulous cards! I'm honored you chose one of my cards as inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie, I think it must have been the Hummingbird on yours that really did the talking. I've so enjoyed seeing the 7 I have who eat at my feeder. I'm always timid about making complex cards because mine take so long to begin with, but I figured if you can do it, then that means I can too! Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete