Sunday, April 12, 2015

Paper Packs & an E.R. Trip

Happy Sunday!

My son's biological mother came for her visit this weekend and we decided to have our Easter during this time. She helped out tremendously by brining treats and kites for the boys' baskets. Both my son & his sweet little brother had such wonderful things in their baskets. Not to mention the Easter Egg Hunt afterwards was just as successful and fun. Later we took the boys to get their pictures in some Bluebonnets. And when we got back we dyed eggs! This was my son's little brother's first time to do this. 

The day wasn't over for me after that, I had to cook because we had some friends over later that evening.

Needless to say I was really looking forward to making cards today!





I got to sleep in because my wonderful husband fed the cats. I made my way to the "Scrap Haven" around 10. I got these 6 made first:

Gold sequin pattern paper, gold embossed sentiment, and some gold shimmer ribbon and cheetah print ribbon. 

I was so happy with these, and then the day came to a hault. 


My son had a medical emergency so I whisked him away (30 minutes to be exact) to the Emergency Room. When all was said and done we got home by 2. My son is fine, as if nothing ever happened, no pain, just "normal". His mother had to leave early today so unfortunately she was gone when we arrived home, this made my heart ache for my sweet boy because he left her in such a traumatic way today. 

After I got him settled back in I tried to go make some more cards. I managed to get 2 more sets of 6 done. One of which were these:

Sometimes I buy paper packs and this was a sheet in one of them. I stamped and fussy cut a flower out, added a pearl to the center, and completed it with some pale pink ribbon and stamped the sentiment on the inside. 

I liked these but I felt like my mojo from the morning was gone. 



Then I trimmed a very large bush in front of our house, and mowed the lawn.

Needless to say I'm emotionally and physically drained from today. 




I'll post later this week with my Midweek Inspiration. 

That's all for now,
C.Jackson

2 comments:

  1. both these cards are beautiful but the gold one is my favorite! That does sound like one full day! So glad the trip to the ER wasn't as bad as first thought! Sounds like a pretty good day over all anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie! I sure enjoyed the gold one too! Yeah, it sure was a draining day but I'm thankful it ended so positively!

      Delete