Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Stamp & Scrapbook Expo Junkie...

Not long ago, Kim posted in our Texas swap group about an upcoming expo she was going to...

She was curious to see if anyone else would be going. I glanced at it and said no. But then I went and looked again...it was in Grapevine...about an hour and a half from me. Suddenly I was in...

Kim and I arranged to swap numbers and meet. We even agreed to do our latest Pocket Letter swap in person. 

Time was ticking by, and I was a little nervous. Would we hit it off in person like we had online? Would she recognize me? Was she really a kidnapper preying on the weak?

The night before, I had my my PL packed with goodies and ready to go. Kim and I swapped numbers, but didn't plan too heavily on the rest of the details. Fate would surely handle the rest. 

I made the drive and was immediately floored by the beauty of the convention center and resort. Shameless plug, the Gaylord Texan is gorgeous, you should see it sometime. 

I texted Kim to tell her I had arrived. And then we shopped separately. I probably had walked past her. But then we decided it was time to meet up! I eagerly made my way to her location, and like some creepy person watched her from a distance...

Nope, it wasn't a kidnapper, no guy in disguise, and no sooner than I had emerged we instantly made eye contact and the rest was history! Sure enough she recognized me. And let me tell you, there was no need to worry if we would hit it off, because we giggled and participated in many a shenanigan. 

We sat down and had lunch. And we even made our pocket letter exchange. 
I was so ticked by the candy heart paper she chose for the pockets!

She sat and marveled at the pocket letter I had given her. It took a few snaps to get a decent picture, she kept making faces. This in turn made us laugh. The poor women across from us at lunch seemed to enjoy our antics though. 

We must have circled the isles many times. We would stop and buy stuff. I would get her something and sneak it in her bag and she would then do the same for me. One of us would point out something pretty and the other would follow behind, and more purchases were made. 

That look she is giving me, haha! 

Fountain photo-op! 


I never knew that when I entered the world of crafting that I would meet so many amazing ladies and form so many lasting bonds. And when I made my way into the land of Pocket Letters, I knew I was in good company. Never would I have dreamed of making a friendship like I have with Kim, and I have never been more thankful that I did. 

Cats, rats, laughter and creativity. Throw in some owls and sequins too. There is very little that we don't have in common. I'm sure there is always more to learn about eachother, but for now, I can't express how thankful and happy I am to have made a friend like Kim. Thanks for a fun day, I can't wait to do it again!


Until next time,
C.Jackson


3 comments:

  1. You're so sweet. I really enjoyed reading your blog today. Thank you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My adventures into the world of Pocket Letters would not be the same without you!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! I would really like to go to this one sometime. I always forget about it! You are really into the PL's! Looks like its your nitch!

    ReplyDelete