Saturday, June 6, 2015

Special Request

Hello again!

A while back I had mentioned that I had received some orders recently, one of which was a special request!

Well, I'm friends with a woman who had seen my cards recently, and she wanted to order some for Christmas. Normally I don't do many orders for Christmas but I was eager to fulfill her desire. What exactly did the Christmas cards need to be about? Football...

Football & Christmas

What?...uhm... *insert apprehension* ... How am I going to make this work?!

This was going to be a challenge indeed. I was a little apprehensive because I found it hard to envision the finished products.

I ended up searching high and low and I had finally decided that I could use some stickers to tie in the 'Football' theme. My customer happily ordered them and sent them my way. And so began my creating!


A button wreath, embellished with red rhinestones, a sweet bow, and the football sticker for the Alabama Crimson Tide! These were going to turn out great afterall. 

Christmas ornaments made lifelike by using gold ink. Note the sticker is actually an ornament?


This one made me squeal with excitement! I used my Cricut machine to cut out the snowglobe. I added gold glitter tape, and some ribbon, as well as Glossy Accents. You can tell in the photo that the gloss is still wet, but when it dries it sets up clear. I even put some sparkles inside. I just loved the nutcracker paper.


This sparkly holly paper was a good inspiration for some button holly berries. I added a little hemp and ribbon. Wait a minute, that's actually Alabama holly, how neat!

Even Santa got in on the action. He wears his Alabama pin with pride!

This paper served as another inspiration for me. I used heart punch outs and layered them to create a tree. What better to top it with than an Alabama symbol?

I used my Cricut machine again to cut out this snowflake. And I used glitter, and of course, it ... got ... everywhere! It was well worth it!


When all was said and done I had made 20 cards. 3 of each except for the last snowflake ones, which there were 2 of. My customer is very pleased and eager to receive her order. I have it all packed up and ready to be mailed out on Monday! 


Until next time!
C.Jackson




1 comment:

  1. These are great cards! My favorite are the ornament one and the Christmas tree! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete