Sunday, June 7, 2015

Copic-crazed!

Happy Sunday!

So a few months ago it was my birthday. My husband and I have this couple we are friends with, and they wanted to invite us over that night. And when they found out it was my birthday, the decided to treat me to a sweet night of cake and fun. I couldn't imagine what they had gotten me, and I kept insisting that I really didn't need anything and then this happened...

For quite some time I had told my friend I'd been wanting these, and she must have remembered! 

I am now the proud owner of Copic Markers! I love to color and this was going to be a nice addition to my card making tools.

Copics are great for coloring/blending. Using different shades and tones of the same color can create a picture with so much depth!

I don't have many, but I still wanted the chance to play with them. So here is what happened...

I had this awesome background paper that reminded me of a watercolor painting. So I took a flower stamp, and colored away. It was turning out so beautiful. I needed something else to add to it, and that's when I discovered glossy accents! It's a gel medium that when applied and given time to dry turns clear! It gives the most perfect touch. I LOVED these cards.

Here is another Copic creation. I have a couple of shades of yellow so I was able to pull this one off nicely! 

 Coming up on Tuesday I have my first summertime rendezvous with my best scrap-tastic partner in crime, Valerie. She offered to sell me some more Copics and I can't wait! Oh, and don't worry, I'll be posting all about our shenanigans once the day is over! 

That's all for now!
C.Jackson 







1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Copic Markers! What a wonderful birthday present! I love mine and love coloring! Hmmm....wonder what pictures you got of us??!! Oh and I signed up for email notifications! Way to go! Like the new background too!

    ReplyDelete