Thursday, June 11, 2015

A New Level

Another week has almost flown by!
It's really hard to believe the summer is slowly ticking away day by day. But while it's still around I figure I'll use up as much of it as I can by crafting!

My cards take me quite a while to create sometimes. Picking the right color, sentiment style, and embellishments can be quite a chore. And when I was gifted some Copics, I knew it would take me even longer to create them. I acquired some more this week, and while I was with Valerie I colored my little heart out. She was kind enough to share some ink with me that doesn't bleed and ruin your stamp when you color with the Copics. So I took full advantage of the ink and stamped multiple things so that I could color them for cards later. 


The first 6 cards I made while I was at Valerie's were these:
A lovely daisy stamp, colored with pink, green, and yellow Copics. The cardstock I backed the card and pieces with really popped and tied into the colored picture and the pattern paper I had chosen to use. I finished it all off with some rhinestones to match, and a little hemp tied around the whole thing. And, going against my usual style, I added the sentiment inside of the card.

I created another set of 6 (my last set for the day) to finish off my second 'Birthday' box:
I went digging through the huge collection of stamps that Valerie has, and I came across this lovely cupcake! (From what I hear, our friend Marilyn has oodles more than what Valerie has) I colored the cupcake with Copics again, and what you can't see, is that I added some glossy accents to the cupcake to really make it pop off the paper. Once again, I rested on my trusty hemp string, and added a bow.

And in between the two sets of 6 I created another Clothespin Photo Clip. I reused the scraps from my Daisy Birthday Card, distressed the edges, inked it with pink, added pink and green rhinestones, a couple of bows and a flower to boot.
I asked Valerie if I could borrow a picture to show off the whole bit, and she graciously lent me this sweet photo of one of her grandchildren! 

If I can find more large clothespins like these, I hope to decorate more and sell them. This one is still available too for just $5.99, photo not included of course! ;)

I'm not really sure whether Valerie or myself accomplished more on Tuesday, but I can tell you that we sure had fun!

Until next time,
C.Jackson





1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! Your cards are beautiful and I am happy to have been able to contribute! The clothes pins are so cute! I think you got more done than me! I'll set a date with you for us to get together as soon as I have a better idea what the kids are doing while Remi is here.

    ReplyDelete