Friday, October 16, 2015

Red, White, & Blue...

I just finished my 3rd pocket letter...

I think the best part about a pocket letter is that once you're given the general theme, you're free to make it any way you'd like!

For example, this most recent theme was: Red, White & Blue. 
A closeup of some of the minor, but many, details!



I had some partriotic paper, so that's kind of where my mind wandered to. Here is the finished piece:

Although I used the same placements for the shaker cards, this one is very different from my other PLs. I added more 'flair', or embellishments, than I usually do. There are metal pieces here and there, stars galore, and some glitter too! The silly border piece along the edge would not stay glued, even with the strongest stuff I had, so I ended up setting it in place with brads to match the theme. 

I've really enjoyed how this one turned out, and I can't wait for my partner to get it!

Until next time,
C.Jackson


2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I so like the idea that there are no "mistakes" in crafting but opportunities to be more creative! Great idea for the border and how to keep it in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love art and crafting. No mistakes, only happy accidents. Every single piece is unique, just like everything in this world!

      Delete