Sunday, September 6, 2015

Shadows...

And once again, my blog has fallen by the wayside...

Granted, this is MY blog, and I'm not required to give reasons or excuses, but...school is back in session. And seeing as I'm supposed to graduate in May, things are getting down to the details!

But enough of that!

Quite some time ago, my dear friend Valerie gave me some shadow boxes that had fallen unused in the depths of her scrap closet. I was deligted to have them, and knew that their purpose would reveal itself. 

And thus, they became dedicated to my wonderful niece and nephew. Each has its own theme, color scheme, and cute little details to boot!

Here they are, side by side! 


I created his first. His bedroom theme was robots, and my LSS had some wonderful robot themed paper. It also lended itself well to tools. Once all the paper was in and secured I added the embellishments. He was newly born when this idea came about, hence the baby things. A couple of tools later, along with some stickers created from leftover paper and my Mini Xyron, and it was complete!


Her's was inspired solely by her aura and personality. Bright, and happy, just like her wonderful grandma. I had more embellishments than I knew what to do with. So it became hard to show some restraint!

I'll be printing off the photos soon and packaging them for their trip across the country. I hope they love them, and when they look at them for years to come, they see the heart that went into them, and the love we have for one another as family...

Until next time,

Hopefully sooner than later...

C.Jackson

2 comments:

  1. I knew I gave these a good home! these are so cute! you did a fabulous job of transforming them! I am so sorry that we didn't get together again before school resumed. My summer totally got away from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for sharing them with me! They were so much fun to work with!

      We will find time soon to scrap hopefully!

      Delete