Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mixed Media

Time for a change!

You see, I've always had a knack for a style of art called 'Mixed Media'. 

This means that more than one medium (paint, marker, embellishments) is used to create something wonderful. 

Most of my high school art creations pushed the limits of the project requirements. I drew or painted what my teacher asked, but I had to add something extra. 

This is a painting I made my senior year. It's done in a Cubism style, and there is paint, added paper for texture, and even some marker. 



While I can't quite share my completed project with you I can at least guide you through the start of it. 

A small rectangular canvas. The one on the left is plain, and on the right I added one coat (not completely covered) of white acrylic paint. 


Next, I pulled out my Tim Holtz distress inks and set to work. These inks are water based so the random lines can be blended. 


I used water and a small paintbrush to blend and even out the colors. I just LOVE color...

From there I used my Copic markers, Mod Podge, Elmers Glue, Rhinestones, Glitter, Embossing Powder, Stamps, Glossy Accents, Buttons, and some Paper Flowers. 

Eventually all the Mod Podge will dry and I will add more to this piece. I'm excited to finish it, as it will be a gift to be sent in the mail to a friend of mine! 

I can't wait to share the story and the full finished piece with you. The picture doesn't do it a justice. There is so much glimmer, sparkle, shine, and dimension to this once blank canvas. 

Until next time,
C.Jackson


1 comment:

  1. You are very talented! Of course I already knew that. Love the project for Shaunery and so will she!

    ReplyDelete