Thursday, August 15, 2013

WoW Wednesday - A little more therapy!

Hey there lovely ladies, and gentlemen if there are any!

I don't know if I've told you all this, but I won the last WoW Wednesday Prize Drawing from Cat's Creations Scrapbooks in Mineral Wells, Texas! This is my second time winning now too! Would you like to win some awesome goodies too? All you have to do is click on the above link, and post a comment on the submissions posted by wonderful ladies like Valerie Light, Sandy, and myself! Feeling a bit crafty yourself? Post your submission on the WoW Wendesday page, and that will get you entered in the prize drawing too! Want to know what kinds of things you  can win? Well...just look below and see!

This was my prize from winning the drawing this week. It was a scrapbook camera shaped album kit! It was titled, Cat's Litter Box, such a creative name! Inside there was paper and goodies from Creative Imaginations, Best Creations & Brazzill to name a few. Also included was instructions and materials for a one page scrap layout (12 x 12) and materials to make an amazing decorative clothespin for displaying those precious photos. 
I must admit, I hadn't realized just how amazing this box was until I got home and dug into it!
First off, here is that amazing clothespin that is great for those special pictures! Here you see my sweet husband when he was a child :)

 Here is my rendition of the page kit that came along with the package. I had no use or need for the page at the moment, so I donated it to my mother-in-law's cause, she was scrapbooking their summer vacation to Galveston. I figured the vacation theme would work well! The little black square letter stickers say "GALVESTON TWENTY THIRTEEN". 
And here is the star of the show, my camera travel album! I am absolutely in love with it. The area around the "lens" is actually embossed, a little of my artistic license there. I also added some silver paper at the very top to give the feel of a button to snap a photo.
I absolutely loved the pre-glazed paper from Brazzill. All you have to do is ink over it and it becomes your own personal work of art. One of my favorite pages right here. I'm only missing photos for these first two pages but the rest is officially done.
 Another of my favorites!
Here is where my photos start. All throughout the book I have random scenery shots from various vacations to California, Mexico, Ohio and places in between. Putting all these memories down into this little book just made me feel so peaceful today. And I loved remembering all the little stories that went along with those vacations.
 The picture on your left in this shot above was a vertical photo, so I took some more artistic license today and added a small brad so you could swivel the photo to see it and read the journaling behind, see below :)
I love these two pages. On the left is a picture of a flash flood I took out in the Nevada-California border area. I titled it, "When it rains...it pours!" And on the right, I loved how the photo frame cut out added a cool flowing feel to my beach photos!
Here is a beautiful sunset from Florida!
A pull out album of special places in Ohio, including the cemetery my mother is buried in. Her and I used to love looking at old headstones in that cemetery! Most of my family is from Ohio, both parents sides. So that place is near and dear to my heart. 
My finished WoW Wednesday Goodies :) thanks for the awesome kit Cathy! 

The memories, the songs, the things that happened on these trips...those are memories I wouldn't trade for the world. I don't know why getting these memories down in a book helped, but I can't even begin to explain the feeling of peace I had when I was finished.


And just remember, if you like what you see, you could be lucky too, just enter Cat's WoW Wednesday  Giveaway today!

With love,
C.Jackson

My Adventures with Valerie blog post is coming soon! Check back around midnight on August 24th!

Looking for more fun, click the links below:
Handmade Cards - Place your Christmas orders today!
More Scrapbook Love

4 comments:

  1. a blog post about me?! Hmmm, wonder what you will say?! Is this payback for blogging about you?! I guess fair is fair! Great blog and great prize! You did a fabulous job with the camera album! It's even more stunning in person! Thanks for showing it to me! Ya know I kind of like strolling through cemeteries to see old grave markers. Rather intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a post about you, not payback really, but just wanting to let everyone know how much fun I have with such an outstanding person! Thanks, I am super proud of this little book and all the goodies that came with it! Maybe we should plan a cemetery adventure sometime...hmm...sounds a little creepy :) although it's really not! Now to make another post about all the oopsies that I create!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You did good with that prize! So awesome! I love your clothespin and layout but the camera album is fabulous! Well done!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy! I'm super proud of it!

      Delete