Thursday, August 22, 2013

Gratitude toward Sandy!

Hello everyone!
So this morning, I went and sat in my newly & neatly organized craft area and stared at my things, because I had a creative itch, but I wasn't sure for what...And then I had remembered the videos Sandy had posted about her 'mini albums'. Then it hit me, I have some brown paper bags, so let's give it a swing! So I started by distressing the center of my bags with Tim Holtz inks. I then dug out my scrap bag which contained bits and pieces of Fancy Pants Wonderful Day Collection, Webster's Citrus Squeeze (one of my absolute favorites!), and other bits and pieces of My Girl from American Crafts.
 I was feeling a little skeptical at first, after all, Sandy made it look SUPER EASY!
What a mess I was making. I took this shot about halfway through my process. The mess only got worse. 
Finally, here it is! My lunch sack mini album! I bound it with hem and added a piece of bright ribbon to accent it. I added dimension with gems and flowers, and some foam squares to a few pieces.
The first two pages have so much that I love. The removable tag on the left hand side has room for journaling on one side and a picture on the other. The right hand side has a journal block that I formed into a file folder flip up. And there is a pull out on the page as well that is bright orange, and  perfect for more pictures.
The removable tag on the left hand side can fit into the pocket on the right hand side. A sweet picture can go on either side and the tag can be used for quick jouranling.
You can add sweet photos to the My Mind's Eye paper clip at the top on the left hand page, and journaling with more photos on the right file folder and pull out pocket page!
Another removable tag! 


 Another paper clip for a photo, another file folder type jouranling block, and one final pocket page for photos!
The front and back!

So here's to Sandy, for the wonderful encouragement and inspiration!

And by the way, this is going to be an entry on Cat's WoW Wednesday drawing held by Cat's Creations Scrapbooks in Mineral Wells, TX! All you have to do to become a winner and get some awesome candy (scrap surprises!) is comment on this blog. Other ways to enter the contest  are to comment on other entries that can be found here at the bottom of the page, or upload your very own creation! We love to be inspired by others!

Happy Scrapping!
with love,
c.jackson

now, if I can just hold out one more day my Adventures with Valerie day will be upon me!

Other goodies:


7 comments:

  1. Awesome job Cassandra! Sandy will be proud! I love how you put this together. I better its even more cute in person! Looking forward to crafting with you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have to bring it to show you! Tomorrow is going to be so fun!

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous! It's so exciting to see someone's creation that I've inspired and you did a wonderful job on it! Love the many pockets and tags! I love that you used scraps of paper that you love too. I have a secret for you...my craft table gets in a super big mess too when I'm crafting and pulling out lots of different things for the project! Looking forward to seeing more albums and layouts created by you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandy, it means a lot to hear those words from someone who is so talented herself! I was worried that all the interactiveness would make it so busy, but I'm just so tickled with how it came out! and I'm humored to see that I'm not the only mess maker, hope to make another one soon!

      Delete
  3. Cute, cute work Cassandra! I must make one of these mini albums! You are in good company with Sandy and Valerie; they can keep the ideas rolling out! I most appreciate your messy mess! I create the best with a small mountain of supplies pulled out of their homes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! And yes, Valerie and Sandy are good company, and great inspiration! And thank you for appreciating my mess!

      Delete
  4. WOW, fabulous job, Cassandra. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete