Sunday, August 25, 2013

Adventures with Valerie!

Good Sunday Morning everyone!
As you very well know, I've been getting into bunches of trouble with a great friend of mine. You see, the story goes, I think we met while blogging on Cat's Creations Blog during some WoW Wednesday posting or another. I'd met her before, and seen her before at the store, but the friendship blossomed online. (Okay I know that sounds like some crazy online dating line...HA!)

We had planned our first scrap session together, or at least we thought we had. You see, Valerie is in HIGH DEMAND, so we could never exactly settle on a date, but when we did, we were both excited. Well it goes without saying we had a blast! We laughed, and scrapped, and just had a grand time.

Our second get together was rather impromptu if you will. I had gone to Mineral Wells to go to Cat's Creations Scrapbooks, and she just figured, 'Hey you're in town, let's cause some more trouble!'. Needless to say I got treated to some yummy food, and met some of her women's bible study group. That day was full of laughing and eating and scrapping. I got to meet her beautiful horse that day too. I used to ride them all the time when I was younger, but the sight of this massive majestic creature made me feel so tiny! We ended the day with some yummy watermelon and a few more laughs. I think she sent me home with a few goodies too, which I happily and graciously accepted. But we had also planned our next scrap that day. August 24th was the date, and time just couldn't move fast enough!

Finally, it had arrived, our third scrap session! I arrived early...which isn't unusual for me. I thought I would stay in my car for an extra few minutes just so I wasn't too early. She saw me, and texted me to tell me, "You don't have to sit in your car and wait for the exact time", I was busted, so I dragged some of my cargo in for the day. I treated her to some yummy pancakes, and she whipped up some good sausage. Then I decided I really needed to go shopping at Cat's. We had a ball there, and I treated her to a few goodies, to return the favor for her amazing hospitality. Then I dragged her on a fruitless trip to Walmart, but then we decided it was time to get back home, seeing as we had just blown like 3 hours doing nothing but eating and shopping! So began the fun! You see, sometimes Valerie just disappears, and I know she hasn't left the room...but where could she be?
 
Under the table of course! Makes me laugh every time. Sometimes she's loving on her furry friends, or sometimes she needs to get a book off the shelf that my table sits up against. 

Well her wonderful husband bought lunch, and I got to sit and eat with Valerie, Doyle, her daughter Vanessa, and her husband Keannon, and their wonderful bunch of children, Remi and Kennedy (Kashton was napping at his great grammies house I think). After that, we were off to our room to do some more scrapping damage. Kennedy and Remi decided it was time to join us too! It was so comforting to hear the laughing of the girls, and the constant movement of the three dogs, nothing like family!

Sorry for the poor lighting...but hey look I found Killroy!

Valerie and I continued to scrap, and laugh. And I mean, we got down right odd and strange. Here are some of our comments:
Me: "Wow, where did you get that stamp?"
Valerie: "In my tote."
Now Valerie, you know darn well that's not what I meant...I meant where did you buy it! But we laughed so hard.
Me: Talking out loud to myself while trying to find something in my mess of creativity "Where did I put that stamp paper?"
Valerie: "I'm not in charge of your paper, I don't know!"
Finally, I think I was adding some brown paisley Washi tape to something...
Valerie: "That looks like a bandaid..."
Oh man, we laughed so hard! 

Then Vanessa was having a hard time getting Mr. Kashton to sleep, poor mommy was stressed and he was fighting the sleep. So he came over to stay with us. I held him and rocked him. He cooed, and spit up on me, which I find to be the highest compliment ever. As soon as his eyes got heavy, he would start cooing and grunting, you could see him trying to fight those tired eyes...but...I got him to sleep though!!!!!! I felt like a winner!

The girls continued to grace us with their masterpieces, and I shared some of my paper and stickers with them too. They really warmed up to me, I got lots of great hugs.

Valerie's husband treated everyone to dinner later. I seriously felt like royalty. While he was cooking fresh corn, and baked potatoes, and steak, Valerie and I scrammed on over to feed her horse. Half way there she realized she had forgotten her camera, and she grumbled about it, because she wanted to capture the sunset, but we still got it on our phones anyways...

 
 

I had started a scrapbook on our first visit together, and tonight I finally finished it, with a bonus page layout to spare. I'd share the layout, but it's a surprise for my father and stepmother, and they read my blog sometimes. Valerie got some wonderful cards done. During our first visits, we would tease one another about who was getting more done, and were figuring out ways to distract one another. This time, although there was lots of teasing, we just enjoyed the day so much. The housefull of dogs, and kids, and adults. It was an eerie calm when the girls had to go to bed, I missed the sounds of them laughing and playing. But I did get to share one more picture with them before bed time.

Remi, Me, and Kennedy
Aren't they so sweet? Beautiful, funny, and talented girls right here!

I don't believe I could have found a greater friend than Valerie. Her wisdom, personality, love for God, aspect on life, and everything inbetween has taught me to be better, be calmer, not as critical on myself or others, and to trust that God is in charge (yes, I already knew this, but boy does she live by it). I can't thank her enough for her hospitality, generosity and for all that she has given me and that she will continue to give. So here she is:
My Photo
and Ms. Kennedy too :)

Looking forward to our next adventure Valerie!

with love,
c.jackson
 

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I am laughing so hard that Gracie got up to look at me! I am so glad you still had a fun time in the midst of all the craziness! What a treasure you are to me as well...working on my blog of our day together! Well written my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two and a fun filled day! Valerie is great inspiration. I'm sorry that I didn't get to visit with you and Valerie at Cat's on Saturday to meet you in person but Marilyn's class was quite intense and I didn't want to stop and get behind on that album. As it is I had to leave at 5 and didn't get it finished but worked on it here at home Sunday afternoon. You'll have to come to a Saturday crop at Cat's sometime with Valerie it is quite a blast too! :)

    ReplyDelete