Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Rusty Pickle WoW WEDNESDAY!

Hello again everyone!

I'm back for another swing at the WoW Wednesday prize drawing provided by Cat's Creations Scrapbooks in Mineral Wells, Texas. You can enter too! You can either go to the link provided above, and  comment on the creations linked up by other scrappers or you can link up your own work too! If you link up your work, just mention WoW Wednesday in your post and give a brief run through of all the rules, it's pretty easy really! Whether you simply comment on a posting provided by the scrappers on the above link, or you post up your own work, if you win you're sure to receive a great prize, trust me!

Well, it's been a while since my last creations have been completed. I was gone last week due to a family emergency, and it's weighed heavily on my mind.

The previous week I decided to open up my prize I received from my win with a previous WoW WEDNESDAY post. I was given a kit to make an amazing booklet using Rusty Pickle's "Girl Unexpected" supplies. If we are going to be honest, I truly paid attention to the important parts, such as assembling the book, and putting the correct things in the right spots, but beyond that, my imagination ran wild! It's really called 'artistic license' but enough of that, now for some pictures!

Here is what it looked like when I started!


 The front and back covers! I didn't have the stamps listed on the directions, so as any good artist would do, I improvised! I even added bits and pieces of left over scraps and stickers I had too! I'll leave you a better picture of the front at the end of this all! As you can see, I took to using lots of my Tim Holtz distressing ink, and I roughed up the edges too!



A few of the inside pages, I made it smaller than what it called for, I think I liked it better smaller!
During the process you made 'pocket pages' and you had this sweet little card page to pull out from them. Here is one of mine! I again was using my distress inks and my stamps I had. I loved the fun little buckle on this page!
I haven't added any of my own photos or journaling because I can't decide just what to do with this book yet...
The book originally came with a wire binding coil but I didn't have the brain power to mess with it at the time, so I used the lace binding skill I learned in high school to bind my book with twine and added the chunky strips of cloth that came with the kit! I can kind of see what it would have looked like with the coil, but I liked what I did SO much better!
And here is the star of my work, the cover! You can see the buckles, buttons, neatly stained tag, and sweet folder that all combine to create this piece of work that I love so much. If I could be proud of just one portion of this, it would be the cover! You can also see my love of twine and hemp ropes on this page too. They just leave a nice rustic feel on paper. 

So here it is, my WoW WEDNESDAY entry. Comment on it, or on the other pieces of work, or link up your own. As you can see, the prize is very much worth it.

Until next time,
with love... c.jackson

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I'm going to subscribe so I know when you update! Love the "artistic license" you took! Great creativity in the binding! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing job, Cassandra. Love how you bound the album. Keep on using that artistic license....it's a great thing!

    ReplyDelete