Thursday, August 15, 2013

Why strive for perfect?

Hey guys!
Just thought I would post a little humor for all of you. You know, every time I do something in my scrapbooking or on my cards, I make a mistake. Something gets put on crooked, or I have to cover something up, or I even spell words wrong on the finished product. Just wanted to share some of my less graceful moments with you all :)
 Do you see the mistake here? What if I get closer...
What about now? How about if I do some date stamp removal...
Ahh yes! Now you see it, I did in fact, misdate the page I was journaling! I bet you've done that once or twice too! Okay, let's try another.

Do you see the mistake here? Of course not, because no one would really notice it but me. But the button that's supposed to be in the lower left fell off somewhere. I had only noticed it after I had published my last post...
All better!

Now here are a few more...
I covered up this mistake too. I journaled on something I didn't want to journal on, so I added more junk to the page to hide it, but no one would have ever known except me.

And the grand finale...
Let me know when you find my spelling error here...already inked on the page. I'm not used to spelling CEMETERY often, but still, I usually pride myself on good grammar and spelling.

I hope you enjoyed some laughs here, because to me, they just fit right in. When you are an artist, there is no such thing as a "mistake" there are only happy accidents. And scrapbooking...really is an art. So here's to happy accidents, and all the imperfections that somehow become so perfect.

Until we meet again!
With love,
c.jackson




1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy your "happy accidents". Oh the stories I could tell of mine! But I won't...at least not today! I have MANY times journaled the wrong date because I have so many pictures yet to scrapbook from several years ago! I really have to stop and think about what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete