Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Shabby Chic!

A week or two ago my friend Kim decided to start a Texans only PL swap group...

Of course, I was in! And almost immediately I got into a swap with another Texan. Mel had been interested in doing a Shabby Chic swap, and I promised to fulfill her desire, as soon as my homework vanished. 

But here's the thing, I had never done a 'Shabby Chic' swap before. So, I had to do some research. No sooner than I had set to work, something gorgeous laid in front of me. 

Let's see, there are... Pearls, wooden accents, brads, buttons, flowers, die cut doilies, sequins, and distress inks too. Sweet baby pinks, and periwinkle blues! I added some lace trim, and a sweet lace bow to one of the pockets. And then, I posted a sneak peak to some of my groups!


I haven't been able to mail mine just yet, but I promised to mail it tomorrow. But Mel's came today, much to my surprise! 

What a stunner! I can't even begin to explain how beautiful this is. There are rhinestones and pearl accents galore. A few vintage sticker decals, and delicate lace too! I think what I loved the most was the pink ruler style Washi that she used to trim the edge with. 

I asked if she'd like to see mine, and she jumped at the chance. Apparently I did pretty darn good for having never made such a style before. 

And evidently it was a hit with the other ladies too. June seemed to especially love it. So I made her a gift that I will send out tomorrow too. 

This is my very own one of a kind 'Pocket Strip'. 1/3 of a normal PL, with no goodies in back because it is double sided. I did my best to replicate the Shabby Chic feel. I hope she is surprised, and that she loves it just as much as she expressed a fondness for the original inspiration.


Well, school is done and it's time for me to finally get some rest, so...

Until next time,
C.Jackson

1 comment:

  1. I can almost hear you squealing with delight! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete