Thursday, May 14, 2015

More Masculine Cards

Just me again!

I would like to think I kicked some serious  butt today along the lines of my new diet & lifestyle change. I spent 2 hours doing cardio... yes you heard me... 2 hours! I hope it wasn't overkill, but I'll tell you what, that felt so good! 

I also got to make cards today too, 18 to be exact. 

Lately I've been preoccupied with creating cards for the male gender. But this is a daunting task. Creating something masculine without letting feminine touches sneak in is tricky. I was pretty happy with the cards I had made for boys, so I had to focus on the men now. 

My first batch of 6 are some I've created before!
Fishing! The thing to remember is that cards for the male gender need to be simple, but still finished with all the right touches. I used distress inks and finished it off with a rather spiffy lure embellishment. 

But not every guy likes to fish... So I switched to something more basic. 

What's better for a guy than a plaid shirt? I had seen my mother-in-law make some and I tried my own spin. 

I put the sentiment on the inside, something I don't do very often. And I added a tie sticker to finish it. 

I liked these, but these too aren't for everyone. So I somehow found my way back to the water.

When I found this anchor paper I was tickled. I added some rope twine, a boat stamp on the front, and again I added the sentiment on the inside. I loved these!

So you see, with the right inspiration and heart, everyone is able to have their own special card, even the boys and men in our lives. 

Until next time,

1 comment: