Saturday, March 28, 2015

Glitter is the...

What a day!

I got up early and went to the big city to go to Hobby Lobby to pick up some much needed supplies (the goal was to buy the blank cards that I use because they were on sale). I came back around 1:30 and then fussed around in the "Scrap Haven" before I ventured to another town close by to see my friends. This is the same couple whom I made the scrapbook for in my post from a few days ago. They had just had their first child on Monday, a girl, and boy oh boy am I smitten! I'm blessed to call them friends and I'm thankful they shared their most precious gift with me tonight. I held her the whole time I was there, and she was just happy as can be! 

When I came back home it was back to my scrapping! I made 24 cards today. 

Another religious one! I love how happy this paper is!



A simple card, with no sentiments, headed for my "plain" box. The kites were a find from another big name craft store. They were dirt cheap, and now I've decided I'll have to try and make my own!



I especially liked these 6! At first I thought the 3D butterflies I made weren't going to 'pop' enough, but by the end I loved them!

And then these happened...

Why do I say it like this you're wondering?


Well just take a look at them. 


Do you see it yet? 



Well I'll help you out. 

The problem was the tape I used on the cards. It was silver GLITTER tape. And of course, in true glitter fashion, IT...GOT...EVERYWHERE!

Here is a shot of the tape. I tried to capture the massive quantity of loose glitter that was strewn about in this photo, but of course, it wasn't very photogenic! 

Someone told me a quote about glitter once...and it rang true...glitter gets everywhere...

Needless to say, I loved the card, and the tape was SUCH a nice touch, but cleaning up the aftermath almost killed the creativity flow I had going on!


Hopefully I've inspired you with my creations, and at the very least, I hope I've given you a good laugh with my glitter fiasco. 

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful cards! I can't decide which I like best! That's why I don't usually work with glitter unless its in glue or that glitter paper by Best Creations that doesn't flake! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! I was certainly pleased with all of these cards as well. We will just have to pray that one day I learn my lesson with the glitter!

      Delete