Monday, May 2, 2016

While the cat is away...

The mice will play...

Maybe?

Who knows!

I do know that my birthday has passed, my student teaching is over, I've been on 3 interviews for jobs, and graduation is Sunday! 

In the down time I've made and received a few things. 

A Spring themed swap from my dear friend in the Carolinas. She has this thing for sheep, and everything she makes is handmade and so very thoughtful. 

She also sent me this. It's an April Birthstone 8 pocket business card holder. It's hard to see but there are so many sweet handwritten details. In the shaker pockets are little diamond shapes that she hand drew. Similar to these:
I mean really, she nailed it! 

My best pal Kim sent me this for my birthday. We agreed at the Scrap expo to do a 12x12 and we even bought the paper there too. I stinking love this! So bright, colorful, and happy ... like me! 

Happy Birthday Kim! 

Here is what I've made so far:
A may Birthstone PL for my Carolina friend. I didn't have many loose emeralds but had plenty Peridots. So I snuck a few in her shaker pockets. Off it goes tomorrow! 

And this is a new one for me. An Altered Notebook! My first one and I was partnered with a guy too! Double challenge. I'll admit I wasn't fond of this at first but once my embellishments exploded all over it I was very satisfied with the end product. Hope he likes it!


I still can't believe my last post was March...

Until next time,
C.Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment