Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Poolside Memories - SWIM: WoW WEDNESDAY!

Well look at this! Everyone links up blogs, so I suppose I'll try a swing at it myself. You'll have to excuse me while I adapt, I may only post this once, or I may post every time I make something, or I might just continue along using my pinterest, so lets see how this goes!

As time goes on, I'm trying to find some ways to find peace and deal with the grief of my mother's passing. Yesterday was the day she went to heaven, only four years ago. Not a long time it seems, but being with her through all the doctors appointments and chemotherapy, it seems like it's been decades.

Dad sent me a bunch of old pictures, and most of them have pulled at my heart. Well I found another few, that helped me celebrate those memories and fun times, all while still remembering my mother...so here it goes!

While surfing through Cat's facebook page, I came across a wonderful layout done by one of their staff, Morgan. I instantly fell in love with the colors and the theme and knew I had the PERFECT photos for it.
The pages are Webster's new Citrus Squeeze, and boy are they fun! You can see the layout I loosely based mine on here: Citrus Squeeze @ Cat's Creations Scrabook Facebook

So I bought some pages, found some of my rhinestones and other findings, and put myself to work. Lots of tape runner, Tim Holtz distress inks, alphabet & puffy stickers, and a few paper cuts later mine was finished!
Here are a few closeups of the pages and some of the details, so that maybe you can create your own summer memories using Cat's wonderful products!

Together they say SWIM...cute right?!
And finally here are some of the fun details and closeups of the hard work!

 All my wonderful paper clip accessories and stickers had roughly the same colors and blended beautifully with the finished product. And that cute little girl you see? That's me and my brother in our new pool built in 96' or 97'. 
I grieved my mother for a bit, knowing that she took those photos and that she loved to be out there with us as much as we loved to be out there with her. It felt good to cry, and laugh and remember those times.

So here it is! The finished product, and one of the entries in Cat's Creations WoW WEDNESDAY drawing! Anyone who comments on her blog, or on other entries is in the running! As long as you comment on the blogs and creations you are in the running! Or you can share your work too to be part of the fun! Some lucky participant will be selected in the next drawing to receive some outstanding goodies from Cats' store in Mineral Wells! So leave a comment, don't be shy, and go here to find out more information and other entries!

Maybe I'll do this again sometime...
with love... c.jackson



in the meantime, here is a link to my pinterest where I post pictures of my cards that I make for my business on the side :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love these papers from Webster's Pages. Glad you found some inspiration from Morgan. She does do good work! I'm glad too that you are beginning to heal. I believe scrapping these pictures was very therapeutic for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! Morgan's layouts seem to have captivated me lately! She has some talent! I agree, scrapping has helped,I can feel it. I will be ready to glue down more memories as the time shows itself.

      Delete
  2. Love this layout! Great job, Cassandra! Morgan is one talented girl. Celebrating the memories is a great way to celebrate your mom's life. And yes, scrapbooking is great threrapy--for so many problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! Morgan is incredibly talented indeed!
      It's been great to have the free time to scrap and heal my wounds!

      Delete